Popular Posts

bAdFly



My AdFly account got suspended a while back. I had used their website entry script on a couple of blogs and just let things be.

I've been engaged in an email exchange with their support desk, but I ended up talking to a wall. They accused me of committing "fraudulent activity" including sending traffic "via a bot". Their scripted responses made it difficult to determine what went wrong so that I can prevent the same thing from happening in the future. The more I tried to figure out what happened, the more scripted bullshit I got. I find it absurd that I can play by their rules and still get banned, but then I realised I was dealing with fraudsters. 

Part of their terms state that they will delete all information associated with my account in the event of an account termination. I emailed them to make sure that my information was indeed deleted, but they made it clear that they had not and would hold onto it indefinitely. They won't even play by their own rules. Oh, they'll pay out until it isn't convenient for them, but don't be fooled. AdFly is a fraud and a scam.

TL;DR: I set up AdFly, left it alone, and managed to get banned somehow.

0 comments: